Location: Work from home or at the QLess HQ in Pasadena, CA.
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the planet.
QLess is a young, rapidly-expanding company headquartered in Pasadena, CA, with clients on 6 continents. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Operations Engineer to join our Platform Engineering team here at QLess! In this role, you’ll be providing two key functions to our team: direct user support and also help administer our production and testing environments that reside in AWS. You will be supporting all applications and computing resources used throughout the company with particular emphasis not only on resolving hardware or software issues but also to help create and define our standards, policies and procedures on effective use of technology throughout the entire organization. Additionally, you will also be part of the team that helps support, monitor, and administer QLess’ cloud resources (public and private) for all environments that reside in AWS and/or Azure.
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for both corporate workstations and production EC2 servers in AWS
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, network, process, and system failures for a globally distributed workforce
- Help define, maintain, and upgrade standardized hardware
- Control EC2 instance lifecycle and other AWS resources using Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform
- Respond to monitoring alerts
- Author and recommend settings for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services to improve performance, security, and reliability
- Set up and manage user accounts, login restrictions and SaaS based application permissions
- Create images for both Windows and MacOS based workstations
- Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as patch management and application hotfixes
- Ensure security through access controls, firewalls, VPNs, and audit logging
- Generate Vulnerability Management & Patching reports with all relevant actions and information
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Contribute to internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Documents problem status and resolution
- Respond to security incidents when appropriate and gathers required information
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participate in investigations as needed
- Participate in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions
- Obsessively focused on customer satisfaction and attention to detail in your work
- A strong desire to learn and contribute across a variety of technologies and disciplines
- Love of working in a fast-moving, constantly changing team environment
- Ability to quickly diagnose and solve problems collaboratively
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role required
- Solid working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and OS/X required
- Demonstrated experience with key cloud platforms/providers, including but not limited to Amazon Web Service, Office 365, and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to create scripts in Python, PowerShell or other modern language required
- Proven understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, routing, and related networking protocols, technologies and security related protocols (SSH, HTTPS, IPsec, etc.)
- Experience using source control/repositories (Git, GitHub, TFS) required
- Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
- Experience designing, managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining components of an AWS cloud platform highly preferred
- Understanding of AWS security concepts including VPC, VPN, KMS, and IAM to protect data at-rest and in-transit via encryption highly desirable
- Experience with HashiCorp’s Terraform and Packer tools a big plus.
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECR, etc) a plus.
- Experience with passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments a plus
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options
Please apply via ZipRecruiter here.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.