Location: Work from the QLess HQ in Pasadena, CA or in Denver, CO
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the planet.
QLess is a young, rapidly-expanding company headquartered in Pasadena, CA, with clients on 6 continents. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage and develop a team of 5-8 software engineers, including hiring, salary reviews, etc.
- Conduct team standups, one-on-ones, and other department meetings as needed.
- Manage daily development workflow.
- Coordinate release management within the team and with Product and Support.
- Allocate team resources between feature development, tech debt, troubleshooting, and other activities as required, including coordinating offshore and contract resources.
- Collaborate with Product and Sales to scope and plan custom development.
- Ensure team goals are aligned with business goals at all times.
- Collaborate with technology management on architecture and design.
- Design and code features and fixes.
- Work with solutions consultants to respond to highly technical customer inquiries and manage RFP’s.
- Coordinate incident response for critical customer-facing production issues.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive management experience.
- Extensive experience delivering production-grade web applications at scale.
- Expert-level software developer experience, preferably in Java.
- Deep familiarity with modern cloud-native microservice architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a cross-functional agile team, delivering high-quality software on a regular cadence.
- Production troubleshooting expertise.
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Friendly and casual work environment (recently awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal)
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited vacation (within limits)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Engineering Director” in the subject line.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.