Location: Work from our offices in Pasadena, CA.
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Hours: Full time (and on-call for emergencies)
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the world.
QLess is a young, rapidly-expanding company headquartered in Pasadena, CA, with clients on 6 continents. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
We are currently looking for a Tier 1 Support Specialist who will be responsible for hands-on technical support. As Tier 1 Support Specialist you will be the first point of contact for the customers. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Answer and triage calls as they come in and assist customers with those requests that will be defined as “Tier 1”
- Triage all requests that come in thru the Support portal and email requests in the queue, work requests that are defined as “Tier 1”
- When handling calls, you will follow a script that will assist you with troubleshooting and determining when requests require escalation
- The majority of work will be performed outside of the database with the assistance of specialized tools
You will be expected to work partially from our Headquarters (currently located in Pasadena, CA) (days to be determined upon hire).
You’ll have some great people to learn from, but none of them are going to hold your hand. Attention to detail, deadlines, and quality are critical. We recognize that everyone contributes something different to the team. We all learn a lot from each other, and we will expect you to not only learn from us but to teach us as well. We expect you to challenge us to think differently.
You’ll also get to help build a world-class support and operations organization, and have direct input in selecting your future co-workers. This means that you’ll ultimately end up working with a team full of people that you like and respect, and is one of the best things about working in a rapidly growing small company.
- Experience with Call Management
- 2+ years assisting external customers over the phone
- 2+ years experience with ticketing software
- 2+ years supporting and troubleshooting Internet-based applications
- SQL knowledge
- 1+ years experience supporting and troubleshooting Linux OS
- 1+ years database experience
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- A keen eye for details
- Strong ability to multitask
- A passion for making the world a better place
- Generous salary package (based on experience)
- Friendly and casual work environment (recently awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal)
- Unlimited vacation (within limits)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Tier 1 Support Specialist” in the subject line.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.