Location: Work from our headquarters in Pasadena, CA
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: Full time
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the world.
QLess is a young, rapidly-expanding company headquartered in Pasadena, CA, with offices on 6 continents. Our web-based software has given back over 2,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their mobile phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room. Some of our key metrics include:
- To date, we have saved over 70 million people more than 2,000 years from waiting in line
- We serve over 1,000 locations globally
- Since inception, we achieved over 100% average yearly revenue growth
- We are privileged to maintain a 99.7% annual retention rate with our clients – when you go QLess, you stay QLess
- Our growth rate puts us among the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- We proudly maintain 4.5 out of 5-star app reviews in both the iTunes Store and Google Play Store
- We are the only company in our industry with 4 and 5-star Yelp reviews for our clients on Yelp
- Our technology has been recognized with several prestigious awards, including 4 consecutive years as the Gold Stevie® Winner “Best Computer Services Company” from the American Business Awards and 2 consecutive years from the International Business Awards
The Accounting and Finance team is responsible for reporting, controlling and analyzing the Company’s performance. The functions within the team partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Purpose of the Role:
This role will build and be the lead accounting professional. Working closely with the CFO and other senior management, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting function.
- Establish and manage all accounting functions including financial statements, GL, appropriate controls, cash/liquidity management, reporting, and analysis;
- Manage and develop relationships with 3rd parties including external accountants, audit firms, and other outsourced functions to foster a strong partnership among the firms and the Company;
- Records sales and initial and ongoing receivable, deferred revenue and revenue entries and adjustments. Collaborates with internal collection parties to ensure accurate and timely recording of revenue;
- Manage due diligence inquiries, requests, and audits. Collaborate with necessary internal parties to gather and review information prior to submission. Must be the key and primary point person for such activities;
- Provide analytical and planning support to the management team;
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures;
- Manages the Company’s accounting software (currently QuickBooks) and performs daily reconciliation and close. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls;
- Administers and manages the Company’s payroll utilizing 3rd party payroll service. Record resulting entries;
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting experience
- SaaS experience strongly preferred but not required
- CPA and major accounting firm experience strongly preferred but not required
- Experience establishing policies and procedures required
- Self-starter, extremely driven, detail oriented and efficient
- “Get things done” mentality
To apply, please send an email with your resume, and why you’d be a good fit for QLess to email@example.com.