Location: Work from home or at the QLess HQ in Pasadena, CA.
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the planet.
Java. Linux. Open source. Mobile apps. Brains. Guts. Passion. Persistence.
QLess is a young, rapidly-expanding company headquartered in Pasadena, CA, with clients on 6 continents. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
You’ll be working with a world-class development team in a fast-paced, agile company environment, building a product that is used by and loved by millions of users all over the world.
You will be involved in everything – brainstorming, requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, deployment, operations, and support.
- A passion for making the world a better place
- Expert-level Java development skill
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- BSCS (or closely-related field of equivalent work experience)
- Experience delivering commercial web applications
- Deep familiarity with Agile software development principles
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with cloud-native application architecture (AWS, microservices, containers, 24×365 availability engineering
- MS in Software Engineering or a closely-related field
- Exposure to modern front-end development frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Mobile application development experience
- 2+ years experience building ColdFusion web pages with COBOL middle tier, and MS Access
- Base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous stock options
Please apply via ZipRecruiter here.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.