Location: Our headquarters in Pasadena, CA
Travel: < 10%
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: Full time
Hours: Full time (and on-call for emergencies)
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line.
The vision of QLess, the world’s leading purveyor of time, is to extend enjoyable life. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
QLess was named America’s Best Computer Services Company at this year’s American Business Awards for the fourth year in a row, and the Best Computer Services Company in the world at the last International Business Awards, the fifteenth Stevie award for QLess. Our growth rate has placed it in the top 5% of the Inc 5000 fastest-growing companies in America.
We are looking for an experienced CFO with strong financial, planning and analysis background to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts, cash flow analysis and projections, preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare and analyze cash flow reports and forecasts
- Build and update a company dashboard with critical KPIs
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Map and track projected operational metrics and fundraising expectations
- Create framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics
- Prepare financial reporting to CEO, board members, and investors as needed and summarize and forecast business activity and financial position
- Prepare interpretive analysis of financial statements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all level
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles, CPA preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a must; MBA preferred
- Experience working in a startup, SaaS company, software businesses undergoing rapid growth and change
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to management
- Strong process improvement, analytical, decision making, and forecasting skills; you will be asked to think on the fly, create your own metrics, research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Excellent team building and team management skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in fundraising, M&A and debt reconstruction
- Proven experience in FP&A, Analyze budget variances and provide recommendations for improvement
- Manage company’s cash flow forecasting
- Evaluate the revenue, profit and value creation potential of existing products and new product introduction
- Develop and analyze relevant KPIs (cost of customer acquisition, growth, customer renewal rate, and etc)
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFO” in the subject line.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.