Location: QLess headquarters in Pasadena, CA
Terms of employment: Full-time salary
Experience: 2+ years
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line around the world.
Help Accelerate Our Strong Growth through your BDM Activities
This role is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and proactive professional to join our sales development team and make a direct impact on company growth. As Business Development Representative, you’ll focus your efforts on making outbound calls and emails and working to secure appointments for the sales team. This is a great time to join our company and launch a long-term career. We offer a casual but results-oriented culture in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Our offices are in an attractive part of Pasadena, but we also offer the chance to work from home a couple of days a week — we don’t like the traffic any more than you do.
Reporting to the Team Lead – Sales Development, as Business Development Representative for QLess your mission will be to help grow sales by making cold/warm calls and securing presentation appointments for our team of Account Executives. You’ll leverage the latest and greatest in technology–including SalesLoft and Salesforce–to manage your calls and emails.
Your goal will be to make approximately 100 phone calls per day and adding around 250 contacts to vertical-specific cadences. Quick question for you – click here You’ll import contacts from Salesforce to SalesLoft, and then spend the majority of your day-to-day activities working in SalesLoft. If you haven’t already worked with SalesLoft, it is an exciting new tool that makes your job a lot easier with built-in tools such as email personalization and sales dialer analytics.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Hunting: Call on companies from a targeted list or based on marketing leads from advertisements/website/email tracking and identifying key decision makers that are strong candidates for QLess.
- Owning and Managing Lead Process: Conduct research on leads, send appropriate messaging to decision makers, qualify leads, and secure appointments.
- Collaboration and Organization: Communicate with the sales team to drive sales, input all information appropriately into Salesforce and SalesLoft.
- Mapping Companies: Make changes and additions to a company’s organizational structure within the system. Identify key contacts and decision makers.
- Learning about new products, and be a resource for our service and the services available across the industry as a whole.
- Maintaining active communication with leads by sending monthly targeted materials.
- Achieving monthly quota of qualified opportunities.
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- BA/BS degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business development role; including experience making cold calls and hunting for new prospects.
- Hunting experience: Calling on companies from a targeted list or based on marketing leads from advertisements/website/email tracking and identifying key decision makers that are strong candidates.
- History of working with SaaS and B2B companies is preferred but not required.
- Experience with CRM systems and Marketing systems (we use Salesforce, SalesLoft and HubSpot).
- The ability to maintain up-to-date information in our CRM system and other applicable databases.
- Experience qualifying leads.
- Highly motivated and ambitious work ethic.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- A process orientation and a passion for results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an easy-going personality.
- The ability to matrix well across organizational stakeholders and customers.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- A commitment to ongoing growth and learning.
- Solid organizational skills to manage multiple projects with high-quality, timely execution.
Keys to Success:
To excel in this role you will possess a tremendous amount of drive and a strong work ethic. This is a role where you’ll be making calls and emails all day long, so it will be essential that you have the stamina to keep moving from call to call, even after hearing “no.”
Our ideal candidates are:
- Coachable, curious, and are dedicated to consistent self-improvement.
- Assertive, persistent, a good listener, and persuasive.
- Adaptive to new situations quickly and able to think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
QLess is headquartered in Los Angeles and was founded in February 2007. Our team members hail from leading universities and Internet companies including Caltech, MIT, Oxford, Cornell, and Yahoo.
QLess delivers the world’s best customer experience to our customers’ customers first experience at any of their locations with a mobile wait management, analytics, mobile CRM and marketing platform. It’s the world’s first mobile queuing platform, trusted by leading brands and establishments in six continents and tens of millions of people.
QLess replaces physical lines and waiting rooms with virtual, mobile lines.
- Your customers can enter the line from their cell phones, touch screen kiosks, or the Web. Or, your employees can add them to the line from QLess Queue Manager.
- Your customers can roam freely while they wait.
- QLess sends them an SMS or calls shortly before their turn arrives.
All you need is a Web browser. It’s that simple.
- Generous base salary and bonus structure
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and mention “Business Development Representative” in the subject line. [No recruiters please.]
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.