Location: Our headquarters in Pasadena, CA
Travel: < 10%
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Length of employment: Full time
Hours: Full time (and on-call for emergencies)
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
Our mission: Eliminate waiting in line.
The vision of QLess, the world’s leading purveyor of time, is to extend enjoyable life. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
QLess was named America’s Best Computer Services Company at this year’s American Business Awards for the fourth year in a row, and the Best Computer Services Company in the world at the last International Business Awards, the fifteenth Stevie award for QLess. Our growth rate has placed it in the top 5% of the Inc 5000 fastest-growing companies in America.
We are seeking a dynamic, conscientious Accounting Clerk to join our growing organization. In this position, you will update and maintain financial records, process business transactions and manage databases. This job is for someone who likes working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, not suited for a person who likes routine. This position reports to Controller.
- Providing accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Performing general accounting duties such as account reconciliations, variance analysis, and work with the staff accountant and controller on revenue recognition
- Managing AP and assisting with AR
- Updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions
- Complying with accounting standards, procedures and laws
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Investigating discrepancies and recommending actions to resolve them
- Compiling data and preparing a variety of reports
- Providing assistance and support to company personnel
- 3+ years of experience in related areas of Accounting
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or relevant certification is preferred
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail and an aptitude for numbers
- Must be a strong multitasker and pay attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written English
- Experience working in a startup, SaaS company, software businesses undergoing rapid growth and change is a plus
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Friendly and casual work environment (recently awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal)
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited vacation (within limits)
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted in the near future to discuss the position in greater detail. Please understand that due to the high volume of applicants we are not able to respond directly to every query. If you have not heard from us within two months, it is likely that we have moved ahead with another candidate for the role. However, we may reach out to you later for other roles, if suitable.